Sunday, May 29, 2016

Now in My Bookbag: Hostile, (Book #4 of The Afterlight Saga), by Cameo Renae

Before the After Light Saga, I never even considered reading dystopian literature. Thankfully, I was already a fan of author Cameo Renae’s work. Therefore, I decided to give the After Light Saga a try. Now, I can honestly say I am a true fan.

Cameo has such an excellent way of weaving a story full of excitement and danger, while still creating complex characters that steal my heart. Abi is such a strong heroine, badass to the core. She is also one half of a soul. The other half is Finn, (who I secretly love).

I truly understand Abi’s rationale for her heartbreaking decisions, but her path leaves me sad, much the way that she herself feels. This author crafts Abi’s solo journey as a dangerous adventure of self-discovery. It tests her humanity, resourcefulness, and her ability to draw people to her. She also proves herself when the stakes are the highest.

I truly love this book and this series. There are a couple of grammatical errors, but they really don’t detract from my reading enjoyment. I recommend this series to anyone who likes dystopian/post-apocalyptic literature. Also, it should appeal to those who like a little suspense with loveable characters.

4 3/4 stars

Amazon.com Purchase Link

No comments:

Post a Comment