Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Now in My Bookbag: Awakening (A Timeless Series Novel) by Lisa L Wiedmeier

Awakening is a good read and a pretty good conclusion to Cheyenne’s Timeless saga. There are things that I like about the way this series completes and things that I do not. The story sorts itself out eventually, and ends on a note that is appropriate for the young adult audience.

The ending is a bit cliche. The thing about this book that bothers me most is the repetitive, angst-filled theme through the first half of the book. While I suppose it reveals what Cheyenne feels and thinks at the time, it is a little too much of the same thing over and over.

The action in the second half of the book is what earns a higher rating from me. It makes the book less stale and far more interesting. For me, this book rates about the same as Daylight (the previous book from the series). 3.75 of 5 stars.

I would give the series 4 stars overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment