Thursday, August 27, 2015

Now in My Bookbag: Renegade (Heven and Hell #4) by Cambria Hebert

Renegade is full of emotion without all the angst (which I truly appreciate). For me though, there is a little bit too much lag in places, a little too much ‘filler’ while waiting for the ‘real’ action to start. There are quite a few twists in the telling of this story. It just feels as though the story would be told just as well without the extraneous happenings, ie… green fog..

I must admit that I didn’t really see Riley’s nor Ana’s paths ending where they did. I can say that for most of the ancillary characters. What I did expect, and am so happy to see, is the strength Heven develops throughout the series. Hebert tells the story of Heven brilliantly. Hebert lovingly weaves Heven from a broken shell into the warrior with a heart that she was always meant to be.

I am torn on my rating for Renegade. There is a lot of action (necessary and unnecessary). There is a little too much filler, but the parts of the story necessary for the journey are really good. Because the rating actually falls between 31/2 and 4, I am giving this book 4 stars. I do recommend to those who have already read the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment