Friday, September 11, 2015

Now in My Bookbag: Blessed (The Watchers Trilogy #2) by S.J. West

I just read this book again, for about the seventh time, because I owe this great story a review.

Blessed is the continuation of the story about Lilly Rayne Nightingale and her close friends. It speaks of destiny, freewill and love. Although this is a paranormal story, the characters feel real and lovable, and the story about fallen angels feels solid and plausible.

I love the way West brings this book, and series, to life. This book is written to touch the heart, and make it race at times. The level of ‘action’ is increased and there is danger from more than one entity. There is an excitement to this story that ensnares me and propels me through the book.

The story of Lilly and Brand is very romantic. Brand is such a thoughtful, loving character, so is Malcolm (in his own way). Lilly is always willing to sacrifice to save the one’s she loves. Tara is fabulous, funny and fearless. Will is protective and lovesick. Each of the other characters in her circle of friends adds a layer of depth to the story of The Watchers.


I highly recommend this trilogy to older young adults, and anyone older than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment