Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Now in My Bookbag: Cursed (Book One of The Watchers Trilogy) by S.J. West

This review is long overdue. I realized yesterday that, though I have rated this book in the past, I never actually did a written review of this series. This gives me the awesome excuse to read these books again.

CursedWest does an excellent job telling the story of Lilly Rayne Nightingale and her introduction to the paranormal world of the Watchers. Lilly is a strong, compelling character with a kind heart and an abundance of love and friendship within her circle.

Characters from Lilly’s circle, (including Will, Brand and Malcolm), bring reminiscence, romance, friendship and heat. They also come with secrets. Lilly’s best friend Tara is tough, funny and loving. These characters are all lovable, and their different personalities flavor the Watchers’ stories in a very enticing way.

The story is well written and complex. With precision, West weaves together a fabric of new adulthood, new love, mysteries, thrills and an exciting new paranormal world.

This read is thoroughly enjoyable, and I highly recommend it.

Although it is listed as a Young Adult book, I would classify it more toward Coming of Age or New Adult due to some mature content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment