Friday, September 16, 2016

Now in My Bookbag: Hunting Season, (Aurora Sky Vampire Hunter), by Nikki Jefford

I am not as impressed with Hunting Season. There is too much fluff. There is too much made of planning to save Dante, when the simplest, most efficient plan is mentioned halfway through the book. Aurora already has all of the help she needs and a solid plan to pull off the rescue. Instead, this book’s plot becomes more and more convoluted the further it goes.

For me, this book is okay. I like the further development of the Noel character. I appreciate the level of self discovery and maturation experienced by Aurora. One of my favorite examples of this:
“Suddenly I felt bereft at all the opportunities I’d missed to drive out and see the belugas. I’d never once pulled over the check out a Dall sheep. They were just another thing I took for granted.” (Aurora Sky, Into The Wild: Location 3604 of 4536)

Having already finished this series, I can say that I wish the final three books (Hunting Season, Whiteout, and True North) were combined into two books, with most of the fluff removed. 2 3/4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment