Sunday, November 22, 2015

Now in My Bookbag: (Dis)Content by Melissa Haag (Judgement of the Six #5)

(Dis)Content exemplifies the extraordinary storytelling that I have come to expect from author Melissa Haag. Each of her Judgement characters are so different, yet Haag can understand them all, and bring them to life.
Isabelle’s character isn’t always easy to like. I love the way that Haag develops Isabelle throughout the story, adding layers of her past and present, creating a complex and detailed character.
I can honestly say that there is a part of this book that makes me “ugly cry.” I think that, no matter how many times I read this part, I will still “ugly cry.” I can also say that the tears are worth it because they are born of an episode that (I believe) will help the 6 in the end.
This is the type of emotional rollercoaster I love to ride, masterfully built with twists, turns and vertical drops. This is a 5 star book.
I was given an Arc of (Dis)Content for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment