Monday, November 30, 2015

Now in My Bookbag: The Treemakers by Christina Rozelle

This is a very interesting and intense view of the dystopian world. It is not a book for teen readers due to adult content, including rape and other violence.
Author Christina Rozelle infuses this story with her vivid imagination. The concept is well thought out and the flow is excellent. Her characters are so real, and Joy is the kind of strong leader needed by the children who are forced to work in the Treemaking Factory.
I am conflicted about the progression of Jax and Joy’s story. Once you read The Treemakers, you will understand my reasons. The mysteries sprinkled throughout the book remain mostly unanswered, which means that waiting for the next book, The Soultakers, is driving me crazy.
The Treemakers is a great beginning to this dystopian trilogy. It is an exciting read that riveting and full of twists. I highly recommend this book.

4 3/4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment