Sunday, November 1, 2015

Now in My Bookbag: The Dark Rising by Lacey Weatherford (Of Witches and Warlocks #4)

Having loved the last book in this series, I am disappointed in this one. It lacks the one element that makes the previous books special and strong. The close relationships are very important to the fabric of this series, at least they are for me. The writing is full of heart-wrenching moments, pure evil, and very little happiness.
The book does have a few interesting twists. Meeting Hex is one of the better things in this story. He is a marvelous character who does care a lot about Portia. In my eyes, he provides a bit of the familial closeness missing from this story.
I am afraid that this book does very little to further my enchantment with this series. 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment