Monday, March 7, 2016

Now in My Bookbag: Thorpe's Mail-Order Bride, by Cynthia Woolf

I was given a copy of this book, and this is my honest review.
I find this story charming. The characters are likable, with the exception of Eric, (the villain). He is truly vile.
The plot follows a familiar format, with a twist. The world-building is less effective than I had hoped. It does not reach the caliber of Hunter Bride, another of Woolf’s mail order bride books.
I find the beginning of the book rushed, with too little backstory. That, coupled with a back and forth timeline, really hurts the story’s flow. Also, despite the secret kept by Lena, (Thorpe’s bride), I have trouble finding the plausibility of a comparison between her and his mother. In addition, the grammar and punctuation are pretty bad.
This book has the potential to be really good. It needs further editing and more proofing. 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment