Sunday, April 10, 2016

Now in My Bookbag: The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper, by Phaedra Patrick

The Curious Charms of Arthur PepperThis book elicits a wide range of emotions. It is moving, enlightening, and life affirming. The story tastefully handles matters of grief and loss. The premise of the story creates a lot of interest throughout, and it is a refreshing concept. It is quirky and imaginative, and I could not put this book down.
Arthur is lovable, eccentric, and lonely. The mystery about the early life of his Miriam finally opens him up to living again.The characters are an eclectic mix, and they relate to each other fascinating ways. It is a privilege to tag along with Arthur on his adventures.
I shed a few tears, laughed out loud, and felt the need to add a bit of adventure to my own life. There are a few phrases that become lost in translation for me, as I am an American reader/reviewer. However, it is not necessarily detrimental to the enjoyment of the book, which I highly recommend.
4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment