Monday, July 11, 2016

Now in My Bookbag: Drops of Rain (The Beach Bag Boxed Set, Book #4), by Kathryn Andrews

I really like this book. It is a great choice for older YA (or NA) readers. In addition to being in the Beach Bag Boxed Set, Drops of Rain is also Book #1 in the Hale Brothers Series.

This book contains a lot of symbolism. Also, it tastefully explores serious topics such as grief, loneliness, self esteem issues, bullying, and domestic violence. I find this story well thought out, yet there are several grammatical errors that hurt the flow of it.

I like the characters very much. They are well developed and relatable. The “bad guys” are truly vile. The “good guys” are loveable. In Drew, Ali, and Beau, author Kathryn Andrews gives me characters that I can figuratively wrap my arms around.

This story gives me a rollercoaster of emotions, and I freely admit that I was brought to tears at times. I recommend this book for readers who are sixteen years old and older. 4 1/4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment