Saturday, July 9, 2016

Now in My Bookbag: Forever, Jack (Book Two in the Butler Cover Series), by Natasha Boyd

I love the cover of this book, however I am a little disappointed with Forever, Jack. There are shortcuts and flashbacks that undermine the flow of the story.

I wish that author Natasha Boyd had chosen to develop the story a little differently. Having provided an opportunity for Jack to confide his dilemma to his friend Devon, I wish that Boyd had allowed him to do so. Through Devon, Keri Ann could have known what was going on. Then, exploration of Keri Ann’s hurt and heartache could be so much more developed and imaginative. Forever, Jack could have focused solely on the inner struggles faced by Keri Ann and Jack in their attempt to have a relationship, despite all of the hurdles. I think this could have provided the book with more depth.

One thing that I really do like about this story is Keri Ann’s newfound drive to chase her own dreams. The carpe diem attitude is a natural and welcome progression for her character. I wish that Boyd had pushed this aspect even further. 2.75 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment