Monday, June 1, 2015

Now in My Bookbag: Crossroads (Crossroads Saga #1) by Mary Ting

Overall, I liked this book. It took me a short while to become immersed in the story and connect with the characters though. The flow in the beginning was a bit confusing, with information revealed in a haphazard way.

Once the story began to flow comfortably, I began to enjoy getting to know the characters. The story also became much more engrossing. The action sequences were heart pounding and the revelations truly surprising.

I grew to really like Claudia as the main character. However, my favorite character by far was Gamma, and I loved the admiration and affection she shared with Claudia. Though I loved Michael, I found his character to be somewhat of an enigma and felt sure that future books might reveal shocking information about his past.

The paranormal elements of the story notwithstanding, this book was really a romance… complete with the gifting of hearts and souls (and all of the other gushy stuff). The book was a study in what it means to be soulmates. I felt that overall this book rated a light 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment