Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Now in My Bookbag: Forgotten (The Guardian Legacy) by Ednah Walters

This book stands apart from the other books in this series because it focuses almost solely on Lil. She awakens from a seven-month coma with amnesia. She is reeducated through the lens of the Hermonites, but Lil is always true to herself. She also has Bran watching over her.

It is a really great book. Once I removed my preconceived notion of having the Guardians be the center of Lil’s whole world, I read it as if it were a stand alone book. Through that lens, I much better appreciate the story of Lil within her father’s world. I understand the importance of the journey Lil must make without the Guardians. I do miss Grandpa and the rest of the team, since Ednah has already made me fall in love with them.

By the end of the book, I can see the significance of all that Lilith learns, and see it as a necessary plot point if she truly is to fulfill her destiny. Ednah really outdoes herself with a story full of mystery, intrigue, and many unexpected twists and turns. She has done it again with an extraordinary story sure to please all of her fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment