Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Now in My Bookbag: Uprising (Alternate Earth Series Book 2) by SJ West

Once I began to read Uprising, I realised that I needed to go back and reread Book #1, Catalyst. I was lost from the beginning of Uprising and it would have helped to have a prologue containing a very brief summary of Catalyst because of the numerous new characters in this series. I found that I had forgotten who the new characters were and what their place was in the scheme of things.

Other than that fact, I found the book engaging and the concepts always interesting. There were parts that made me laugh, some that made me cry, and an ending that had me saying OMG! Did that really just happen?

I thought that, before the next release, I would read through Catalyst and Uprising again. I felt that Uprising garnered 4 of 5 stars because of its concept and well-written story.

No comments:

Post a Comment