Monday, June 15, 2015

Now in My Bookbag: Forged in Stone (The Forged Chronicles Book 1) by Alyssa Rose Ivy

This book is an extension of one of my favorite trilogies ever, The Afterglow Trilogy. This new series is centered upon James and Ainsley. James is one of my favorite characters from Afterglow.

He is a tragic hero who is tarnished, by association with his evil father, even though he does the right thing when it matters. In Forged in Stone, it is a few years later and James is settled into his life as a Guardian. He meets Ainsley when he arrives unexpectedly at the Calloway home where she is housesitting. Both of their worlds are turned upside down.

This book is a study in how we become who we are. How do we trust and what do we fear most?

I really love this revisit to Energo, and I love being in the company of Charlotte and Liam once again. However, I must admit that the ending to Forged in Stone has left me a bit shell shocked.

I hope the wait for Forged in Ice is not a long one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment