Thursday, June 30, 2016

In My Bookbag: Kindred, (The Watchers Chronicles, Book 2), by S.J. West

I will admit that I used to be one of those star-only reviewers. The first, (and second and third), time I read this series, I didn’t give any of my books the review that I should.

Kindred is a great book, eliciting a wide range of emotions. The first of which is a renewed emotional connection to the only one who can ease her broken heart (see book #1). This book delivers revelation,  comfort, and grief from loss… all in the first chapter. I have to say that I shed some tears.

I find the search for other vessels to be very interesting. I love that Jess feels so close to Chandler, because he adds the light into her life that has been missing since she lost her mother and father. I think that his seemingly charmed life actually gives her hope.

The Jess/Mason relationship follows the pattern of most romantic relationships found in literature. There is love, break-ups, crying, misunderstanding, and enlightenment. There is no surprise, but it is a satisfying element of the story as a whole.

This book has heartache, happiness, loss, love, and a crazy twist at the end. It is a really good read, and I recommend it. 4 1/2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment