Monday, June 20, 2016

Now in My Bookbag: The Elsker Saga, by S.T. Bende (Full Set, Including Books 1-3 + Novella)

I am glad that I decided to get the entire set of The Elsker Saga. This enabled me to read straight through the entire story without loosing the flow.

I always enjoy books steeped in Norse mythology. I have developed a keen interest in it. Author S.T. Bende does not disappoint in her interpretation and storytelling.

I love her characters. Kristia is the ultimate representation of choosing to do the right thing, no matter the cost, and Bende does a phenomenal job in her character development throughout the saga. To a lesser extent, Bende does a good job in developing Ull’s character, taking him from a lonely stick-in-the-mud, to a god with an open heart and a reason to really live. The ancillary characters are great, and the villains are truly evil.

Bende knows how to create a fascinating story, with a well-imagined world. It is compelling and worthy of binge reading. 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment