Friday, June 10, 2016

Now in My Bookbag: The Archer (Arrow's Flight Book 2), by Casey Hayes

Escape. What does that really mean? Leaving behind the hell she has endured, Kate remains unsure of what Eden represents. There is also the dangerous journey, much like the story of her life.

I really enjoy the progression of this story. It is complete with all of the elements I need to make the story compelling. Love, loss, action, revelations, and a heart thumping cliffhanger keep me interested from beginning to end.

This book uses less Christian scriptures than book one, Breeder. In Archer, author Casey Hays uses more of an eye toward the relationship between the scripture and the story. The editing eye that she uses enables her to incorporate the scriptures into the book without endangering the reading flow.

I like the way Hays includes the duel points of view. I find that it peaks my interest more than only Kate’s point of view in Breeder. I find this book more enjoyable than the first. 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment