Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Now in My Bookbag: 1985 - Careless Whisper, by Misty Provencher

This book is a lot different from the previous books found in the Love in the 80’s series, so far. The story begins in 1992, and is moved along based on flashbacks to 1987. Those flashbacks focus on the perceptions of each member, as to what broke The Band.

I feel that the first half of the story moves rather slowly. It takes quite a while for the real plot to unfold. I actually wish that the book had started closer to halfway in, and then have extended beyond the finish.

I like the characters, very much. Their personal misgivings, as well as their personal revelations, make them far more loveable. Provencher does an excellent job creating them and bringing them to life. She does a good job creating the drama near the end, and do I find it amusing that the second half of the story seems to follow the layout of a who-done-it.

Though I figured out ahead of time what had happened, I still couldn’t figure out how it was accomplished until the end. The ending of the book happens way to fast for my taste. I wish there was, at least, an epilogue that provides some additional information about the characters in The Band. Having gotten to know them during the course of the book, I would like just a glimpse of what happens to them next.  3 1/4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment