Saturday, August 20, 2016

Now in My Bookbag: The Forgotten Mountain, (The Collectors' Society Book #3), by Heather Lyons

Grief… hope… elation… devastation… forgotten…

These are just five of the words that are descriptive of The Forgotten Mountain. Author Heather Lyons delivers an intricate continuation of The Collectors’ Society tale. While I feel that the book is a bit longer than necessary, I still find it very enjoyable.

Most of this book takes place within an unexplored timeline. Although interesting, I miss the connections to the Society as a whole. I do enjoy the level of action, at times, within this adventure. I am bothered by a certain a plot device. While it moves the story toward a certain goal, it makes no sense for a team that is usually technologically prepared.

The characters, as always, are fascinating. I am particularly enamored with the Twelfth Wise Woman. The usual characters remain complex and entertaining. Among them, I am most impressed with Jack Dawkins, the Artful Dodger. Lyons does an amazing job developing this character, and she truly brings a three-dimensional quality to him.

It is safe to say that the cliffhanger at the end of this book is mind-numbing. It will not soon leave my mind. 4 1/4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment