Sunday, August 14, 2016

Now in My Bookbag: Forged in Fire, by Alyssa Rose Ivy

I really love all of the chronicles by author Alyssa Rose Ivy. Though the Forged Chronicles are not my favorite, I do like the way they tie in to The Afterglow Trilogy… also by Ivy. She provides a great dose of fantasy to go along with the paranormal elements found in all her chronicles.

I like the characters that Ivy creates for the Forged Chronicles. These characters, perhaps more so than the other chronicles, are studies of light and dark… especially James. Motives are murky, as yet, for most of them.

The more of the story that is revealed, the less obvious the eventual outcomes. This book ends with a major cliffhanger, and I have no clue where the next book may lead. The writing is imaginative and intriguing.

That is what makes these Forged Chronicles so compelling. There is no telling what may happen next, for the story or it’s characters.  4 stars

This book makes me think of this song, by Linkin Park:


No comments:

Post a Comment