Sunday, August 28, 2016

Now in My Bookbag: Aurora Sky Vampire Hunter, by Nikki Jefford

I find this story entertaining and enjoyable. I can see touches of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in Aurora, but there is a genuine imaginative creation here as well.

The book certainly starts with a bang, and takes a Twilight Zone type turn from there. The progression of the plot is, at times, a bit erratic. There are some elements that seem extraneous. The main story holds its own without them.

The main characters are well conceptualized, some mysterious and/or creepy. Aurora is smart, sassy, and funny. However, she is a little slow figuring out situations sometimes. Fane is a somewhat tragic hero. The feeling that I get from him is that he is good to the core. I can’t help but wonder whether or not the others within this orbit are who and/or what they seem.

I look forward to digging into book two. 3 1/2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment