Thursday, August 4, 2016

Now in My Bookbag: In This Life, by Christine Brae


What a beautifully written, emotional rollercoaster! The story is wonderfully imagined. The feelings expressed, and drawn from me, are beyond compelling. It has been a very long time since a book has affected me to my core. The story is poignant, touching, and tear-jerking. I could not put this down.

The characters are perfectly imperfect. There is a lot of love, a lot of hurt, and a lot of grief. I never thought it possible to be happy for a character, while also being disgusted with them. Getting inside the heads of both Anna and Jude is very enlightening, though adding the point of view of Dante would add to the depth of the story.

I consider myself very lucky to have found this magnificent book. I am enamored of this story, and its author, Christine Brae. I look forward to finding more of her books, and I recommend this story to readers of contemporary books. 6 stars… (5 stars)


No comments:

Post a Comment