Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Now in My Bookbag: Shady Bay, by Casey L. Bond

I really enjoyed this spinoff of the Devil Creek novel. The plot was great, sweet and emotional. I loved the characters, all of them.

I was thrilled to follow Jaxon from Devil Creek, West Virginia to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. He was so much more than he originally showed. It turned out that he was kinder and gentler. When Mercy fell into his life, proud and emotionally battered, he couldn’t get her out of his head. Mercy needed to lean on others to save her from hunger and homelessness. She made great friends who offered her a way up.

Author Casey L. Bond did a fabulous job creating and developing all of the characters. She also built their world in such a way that I could picture it all in my head. I found a few typos, but nothing that truly detracted from the success of the story. 4 3/4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment